2.11.2008
So I had to call Poison Control today!!
Before you freak out (like I did), everything is just fine!! Sydney has been on this antibiotic called Omnicef for her most recent ear infections for the past week. Well this morning while Craig was taking a shower, I fed Sydney her breakfast and gave her the medicine. Then, as he always does, Craig called me after he dropped her off at daycare. He said everything went well with the drop off, and oh, he also gave her her medicine. Of course I said I had already given it to her as well. Yikes! I called the pediatrician and talked to the receptionist...I asked if the nurse could give me a call back. She asked what it was in regards to and I told her we had given her a double dose of her antibiotic. So she put me on hold. This never happens!! I'm already worried at this point. She gets back on the phone and tells me I need to call poison control instead. WHAT??!! If you want to send a mom into a panic attack, tell her she has to call poison control. So I did. Thankfully the lady at poison control said she wasn't worried about the double dose and to just keep an eye on her for anything out of the oridinary. I, of course, called daycare and told them what had happened and to call me if anything about her changed. All is well and Sydney is her normal and happy self today! I can guarantee we will never make that mistake again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
That is scary! I read in a magazine somewhere to designate one parent as the one to give all medicine unless asked so maybe you two should try that :). At least she got the medicine instead of forgetting all together. I hope she's feeling better soon!
Post a Comment