Cherish these moments...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10.13.2008

Ant bites...OUCH!

Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. We were visiting Craig's parents on Saturday and Sydney was playing with her cousins in the yard while we were sitting on the porch. She was having a ball! When she came up on the porch, I noticed her scratch the back of her neck so I looked at it and noticed there was an ant. I brushed that ant off and started inspecting her and sure enough they were ALL OVER her shirt. So as quick as I could I stripped her down and made sure we got all the ants off of her. Most of the bites are on her hands and just a couple on her shoulder and foot. The craziest part of all is that she never cried or alerted us that there were ants biting her. I'm just glad I saw them when I did! Poor thing! Luckily they don't seem to bother her. We've been keeping her on benedryl to control any itchiness but other than that she pretty much just ignores them. I hope they go away quickly!


2 comments:

Olson Family said...

poor Sydney! the ants must be out this time of year because Jack's feet and legs got eaten up by ants and we didn't even notice until he was already in the house....he, like Sydney, never cried or even made a noise. The bad thing was, we had his one year well check and our pediatrician was like "what happened to his legs???" haha...yikes

Ashley said...

Poor thing! I hate ants! Way to be a big tough girl though :)