Cherish these moments...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

3.08.2009

The update of all updates!!!

Yikes! I realize I am sooooo far behind in blogging. So, I am making one gigantic update of everything that's been going on with us lately. Let me start by giving you a little update on Sydney. She is talking like crazy now...full sentences and all. I would guess her vocabulary is somewhere in the 200 word range but I've never counted so I don't know for sure. She can pretty much say anything you ask her to say and she's a parrot too so you have to be careful about what you say around her. Craig said the word "moron" the other day and Sydney said moron like 10 times after that. I was NOT happy (but it was kind of funny). She can also say all of her ABC's now but for some reason she often leaves out E-F-G...not sure why, guess she doesn't like those letters. :) She can also count to 10 now!! She loves singing and sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider and attempts the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song. At the beginning of the show they sing "M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E" and Sydney always says "Yyyyyyyy", "Eeeeeeee"...she hasn't quite gotten all the letters down yet. She is also so girly lately. She loves her purses (yes plural), wearing jewelry, having bows and "ponies" in her hair and going Shopping! She'll say at least 5 times a day that she wants to go shopping. For those that know me well, you know she did NOT get that from me! :) We finally decided on bedding for Sydney's "big girl" room yesterday which lead to a paint decision being made so I finally feel like we're making progress on that front. We officially have 2 weekends to completely finish her room. (I want it done by her 2nd birthday) On to little Harper. She is growing well and moving a ton lately. I had my 24 week appointment last week and everything went great. I'm measuring "perfectly" according to my doctor and my blood pressure is staying down so far which is great. I go back the end of March and after that I start going every 2 weeks. I can't believe I'm already getting to the "every-2-week" point in this pregnancy. It's seriously flying by. We'll start working on Harper's nursery once we get Sydney moved into her new room so that will be our next project. It shouldn't be too bad though since we're reusing everything that we had for Sydney's nursery. Craig and I are also doing well but let's be honest, you only read this post to find out about the kiddos huh? Okay...picture time. Bear with me. There's a LOT!

Like I said, Sydney LOVES jewelry and one of her favorite things is to get out one of my jewelry boxes and put ALL of it on.

Some pictures of Sydney playing at the "park" (aka the elementary school playground)



Valentine's Day with Daddy.


Holding sweet little Pierce - practicing to be a big sister!


STUCK. Sydney loves to say she's stuck or her hand is stuck or her foot is stuck. This day, she really was stuck but of course I had to get a picture before I helped her. (she's in between the levels of our coffee table)

Aw, sweet sweet vacation. A week ago, Craig and I left Sydney in Dallas with our partents and travelled with 3 other couples up to Colorado for 7 glorious days. Yes, it was hard leaving Sydney and I missed her terribly but it was a MUCH needed vacation for both of us. Thankfully our friends partents have a house up there so we were able to "room" for free and bought groceries to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Craig skiied 3 days while we were there and had a great time. I pretty much just laid around, read a couple of books and RELAXED. It was fabulous. Hillary is also pregnant so the two of us were homebodies the whole time. Megan skiied the first day but poor thing ended up falling and tearing her ACL and had to be on crutches for the rest of the trip. Here are some pics from our wonderful trip. Thanks for much for inviting us Chris and Hillary!! :)

0 comments: