Cherish these moments...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4.12.2010

One REALLY BIG update!!!!!

I know!  I've been a HORRIBLE blogger!  I got a little behind updating and the more I got behind, the more I dreaded updating because I knew there was soooo much to add.  Well, I'm finally biting the bullet and posting one really really big update.  So just keep scrolling and scrolling until you read all the posts.  (these are not in chronological order)  I vow not to let it go this long between posts again!

Sydney is 3!

I can't believe that I have a 3 year old!!  Well she acts like she's going on 12 so maybe I can believe it.  :)  Craig and I are constantly amazed at how big she seems.  Some of the stuff she says to us is so hilarious.  I was telling her something the other day and she said "Seriously?"...apparently I say that too much!  She also told her daddy last night (completely out of the blue and unprovoked) that she loved him so much and that he was the best daddy in the whole world.  Too cute!!  She had quite the birthday celebration which started in Houston on her actual birthday - April 2nd.  Craig and I took her to the Build-a-Bear Workshop so she could make her own stuffed animal.  We did this last year for her 2nd birthday and she was pretty scared of it all but we decided to try it again this year and she LOVED it.  She made a bunny that she named Honey (daddy helped her with that one after we nixed Granny and Craig as names). 

Trying to decide...

And she picks the bunny!

They got her a special "It's my birthday" sticker to wear

Putting the heart in her bunny

Ta-da!  Presenting Honey Bunny!

The next day, we went to my parents house where they had a birthday party for her.  Her Great Nana was also in town from Oregon so we had a great time visiting with her. 

The birthday princess

Grandpa, Eli, Harper

Eli - my sweet nephew!

Nana and Harper

Grandpa and Eli

Great Nana - Looking good!

Isn't this the sweetest smile EVER!?

Pawpaw, Granny and Harper (Craig's parents)

Gigi and Great Nana

Gigi and Harper

Four Generations!
Think she's excited? :)


Then the following weekend, we had a joint birthday party with Sydney's BFF Madison at the park.  It was a Pinkalicious party so the girls and everyone invited wore pink to the party...it was too cute.  It was windy in the pavillon area so their candles kept blowing out as soon as we lit them...good thing the girls have great imaginations because we told them to just pretend to blow out the candles.  What a fun time we had that day!

Madi and Sydney - Birthday girls!

In front of their pink cupcakes

Mommy's and their girls

AW!



Harper was shoveling in the cupcake!

Madi had just said "This way Sydney!"

The Atkinson Family

Atkinsons and Mizells!


Harper is 9 months old!

Time for me to start working on her 1 year birthday party!  Harper is just so precious and such a great baby!!  Everytime she smiles at us we just melt.  She has her 2 bottom teeth in and it looks like 2 of her top teeth are about to pop through any minute now.  I quit nursing her about 2 weeks before her 9 month birthday and she is taking bottles great now.  She is also starting to eat some table foods but it looks like she may be picky like her older sister.  Right now she loves pancakes, waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, nutrigrain bars, baby goldfish, puffs, cheerios, pretty much any fruit, refried beans and randomly she ate zucchini the other night.  She hates all meat and cheese...can she really be my child?!?  :)  Harper is also army crawling all over the place.  She hasn't crawled on all fours yet but I guess she doesn't see the use since she can get anywhere she wants right now and fast!  She can also get herself into a seated position and is starting to pull up to her feet.  She's already busted her head on the coffee table a few times so I see many more of those accidents in our future.  Harper says dada and mama and whenever she sees a dog she says DAW!  We're working on teaching her to clap and wave and we started some easy sign language as well.  Here are some updated pictures of her!



It snowed in Dallas...a few times!

We had record snowfall in Dallas this year...12 inches in one day, 8 inches another day, and just a few inches on another day.  Being from Houston...that is  A LOT of snow!  Here are some pictures of all our fun in the snow.

All bundled up!

Making a snow angel!!

Pierce came over to play in the snow too!

This was the record 12" snowfall day...

Gorgeous

Our cowgirl snowman

So proud!

Buckets of Hope for Haiti

After the earthquake in Haiti, our church handed out hundreds of these Buckets of Hope for Haiti so Craig and I decided it was not only a great opportunity to help out our neighbors in Haiti, but also a really great opportunity to teach Sydney about helping others.  She had such a great time buying the food at the store and then filling the bucket.  We prayed over the bucket when we were finished and dropped it off at the church.  Sydney waved goodbye to our bucket and was so excited to know that it was going to help a hungry family in Haiti.  Such a sweetheart!

Gathered all of our groceries together

Ready to send to Haiti!

Easter!!

We were in Houston this year for Easter since it fell on the same weekend that my grandma from Oregon was there and Sydney's birthday.  Sydney woke up that morning to an Easter basket filled with all kinds of goodies and some hidden Easter eggs outside.  We filled Harper's eggs with puffs and baby goldfish!  Then we went to church with Craig's parents and then to his aunt and uncle's lake house.  We had such a great time seeing everyone and Sydney LOVED the Easter egg hunt of course!

Love Sydney's crazy hair in the morning!

Harper was way more interested in the grass than her eggs

Pretty girls!

It's near impossible to get Harper to look at the camera these days



The family!

Chewing on everything

She hated this hat and kept trying to take it off her head

Finding eggs!

I feel like she's saying "What??  This is easy!"




0 comments: