Cherish these moments...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

7.18.2009

Potty training Day 1!!!

We are officially on potty training lock down. Sydney told me earlier this week that she was ready to potty train, and honestly she's probably been ready for a while now. I've just been putting it off knowing that Harper would be here soon and I'd heard from other people that they tend to revert back if you train right before a new baby arrives. We're following a guide that was recommended to me called 3-Day Potty Training. I figure if she's not potty trained in 3 days that's okay but if she is then that is a total score! Here's our journal so far today...I'll try to keep updating throughout the day so you can see how she's doing.

8:30am - threw away all her diapers and put on big girls panties! She was so excited and kept screaming "NO more diapers!!"

8:30-9am - Sat on the potty 4 times but didn't go

9:10am - little bit of tee-tee in potty!! She got a sticker for her potty chart (8 stickers = special prize) and 2 M&Ms

9:30am - little bit of tee-tee in potty again!! Same rewards as before.

9:37am - little dribble in panties, no teetee on potty. Put on second pair of panties.

9:53am - LOTS of tee-tee in potty!!! I think she finally emptied her bladder. Another sticker but I gave her 3 M&Ms this time since she went so much.

10:55am - LOTS of tee-tee in the potty!

11:10 - LOTS of tee-tee in the potty!

11:30 - Tee-tee'd in panties but finished on the potty. On to pair #3.

12:10 - tee-tee'd in potty again!

12:45 - Tee-tee'd in potty. Got a special prize for going 8 times in the potty.

1:05pm - Tee-tee'd in potty.

1:25 - Tee-tee'd in potty and put her in a pull-up (which we're referring to as her "naptime panties")

1:30 - down for her nap.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

good luck!!

Olson Family said...

She's doing great! I didn't realize how much little kids go tee tee!! You'll have to give me some tips when I train Jack...although boys may be a little different??

The Joneses said...

Haha, this was a hilarious read!