Are you someone who makes a menu for each week and then shops for what you need? I am. I think it started with my mom. She would always plan out the week's meals and then head to the grocery store to buy just what she needed. Oh, and sometimes, we could chime in with our favorite meal and it would be added to that week's list. It's the little things. :) Not only is it a great way to save money (only buying what you need) but it also helps you to stay organized and less stressed. Let's face it, we're all super busy, going here and there, running around and trying to stay sane. Okay, maybe my little menu board won't totally change your life, but it's a starting point. This is so easy, anyone, even your husband, could put this badboy together.
Supplies:
12x12 picture frame (if you can catch Hobby Lobby's half off sale or a 40% off Michael's coupon, that will help)
12x12 piece of scrapbook paper - whatever color, style matches your kitchen. You don't want it to be too busy or mostly black because that might make your writing harder to see
Scrapbooking letters - again, whatever style you like. I would suggest keeping it black and picking letters that aren't too big...you have to fit all the days of the week on your board. Also, make sure you have the right (and enough) letters to spell what you need.
All you do is frame your scrapbook paper and then stick the scrapbook letters to the glass on your frame. Seriously, it's that easy! I drew lines with a dry erase marker first so I knew they would be spaced evenly. I tried hot gluing those super strong magnets to it so I could hang in on the fridge but it didn't work...too heavy. Maybe there's a better way I'm not thinking about. Or you could maybe use one of those cookbook stands to display it. Mine works just fine leaning up against the backsplash on my counter. Run out and make one of these! Happy crafting!
2.25.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
SO CUTE! I'm going to have to make one!
Post a Comment