Cherish these moments...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.18.2011

Subway Art

Subway Art is all the rage right now.  If you follow any "creative" blogs, I'm sure you know.  You can see some ideas here and here and here.  Most of them use those super cool vinyl cutters to create theirs, but since I don't have one, I created mine with Photoshop.  I was wandering around Etsy.com trying to come up with some ideas of what I wanted to put on mine, (because there really is one million different things you can do) and saw an idea for a "family story."  What a cute idea and a neat way to personalize your subway art!  I knew I wanted it to fit in an 8x10 photo frame and wanted the colors to match our kitchen/breakfast room.  I started by creating a blank 8x10 page in photoshop.  Then I just arranged the words I wanted (switching up the fonts and colors to make it interesting) until I got the look I was going for.  It's kind of one of those things you just play around with until it looks right to you.  Then I just printed it on my regular old office printer and stuck it in the frame.  I think it turned out pretty cute and I'm excited about creating other ones for other rooms in the house. 


4 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

VERY cute! Love it!

Kendra said...

I LOVE this! Makes me want to get photoshop just to make one! Very neat!!!

Sarah Sherman said...

I love this. I think I might have to copy your idea. This is one kind of "craft" I think that I can do - because all you need is your computer!

Stephanie said...

SO glad I found your blog!!
I LOVE this picture!!
Looking forward to catching up on your blog and the family!!