Cherish these moments...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

3.21.2011

Easy burlap wreath!

I saw this wreath on one of my favorite craft sites, TatertotsandJello.blogspot.com.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I needed to make one.  I'm all about something that's easy to make and only takes a glue gun!  I made a Fall wreath and decided to do one similar but in brighter colors for Spring.  Here's what you'll need:

-wreath form - I used one that I found at The Dollar Tree
-Burlap - I got 1.5 yards.  I used white this time but the light tan would look great too
-Assortment of fabric
-Brads - you can find these in the scrapbook section of any craft store.
-Glue gun

Start by cutting a long strip about 2"-3" wide from your burlap.  Glue down the end of the burlap to your wreath form and start wrapping.  It should start looking something like this.


Keep wrapping until the wreath is fully covered.

Now it's time to cut out your circles.  You'll need 3 different sizes.  I just go around the house and find random things to trace to use for my circles.  This will be a busy part...not hard at all but it does take some time to cut all the circles.  I suggest some Starbucks and a good movie.  :)  You'll want a big, medium and small size cut from the fabric as well as the burlap.


Next, use the brads to secure 3 circles together.  I do burlap, fabric, burlap and then fabric, burlap, fabric.  It should look something like this.



Fire up you're glue gun and start gluing.  There's no special way to do this but I do try to not put two of the same circles right by each other.


Your finished product should look something like this.



I hope you like it! 

1 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

I love it! And it makes me want a black door so things like this will look so beautiful. My maroon door just doesn't work as well. Great job!