Wow! Another month has flown by! I can't believe Sydney is already 6 months old. She is doing so many new things now. She is laughing a lot and is very curious. She always wants to touch everything especially people's faces. She's also really good at sitting up now and can sit and play with toys for a very long time. We've also tried other new foods. So far she has had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, bananas and peaches. We will wait a while before giving her peaches again! On Saturday (while Craig was out of town) I thought Sydney and I would go spend some girl time together and run some errands. So I get her all packed up and in the car and we make our first stop right up the street from our place. It was this little consignment store that sales gently used baby items. Well I was only in there for about 2 minutes when I smelled something WRETCHED! I looked down at her in the stroller and she was literally sitting in a puddle of poop! It had exploded out the side of her diaper and it was everywhere. All over her leg, her clothes, the stroller, and then she kept trying to put her hands in it. I'm not usually one to be squeamish when it comes to this but even for me this was awful! Of course there's no place to change her in this tiny store so I have to lay her on the backseat of the car to get her all cleaned up. Needless to say after about 25 wipes, I put my half naked (only wearing a diaper) baby back in her carseat and headed home. And we stayed home the rest of the day and played. I tell you that story because I think it all stems from peaches. That morning was the first time she had ever had them and nothing else had changed....maybe we'll try them again in a few weeks--at least wait until Craig is in town! Back to Sydney--she has got such a little personality coming out now and we just love it! Everyday we are amazed by her and thank God for putting her in our lives. I created a little montage of pictures from 0-6 months so you can see how much she has grown!
10.02.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
OMG - what a beautiful slideshow!! It made me teary eyed! She is beautiful...
I can't watch the slideshow without getting a little choked up! So sweet! Happy 6 mo. birthday, Sydney!
Hey Julie, Craig and Sydney-
I have really enjoyed getting to see the pictures of your family. So sweet! We would love for you to visit our blog at www.matilynkatecurtis.blogspot.com--We just moved back to Texas (last week) and are very happy to be home! Since having Matilyn it is so important to us to be close to our family and friends. Again, your family is just precious. I can't even imagine Matilyn celebrating her 6 month birthday. After having her I now understand the expression "They grow up so fast". Take care.
Katy
Sweet Baby Girl...... you are just growing up too fast!! I never get tired of seeing your beautiful smile and look forward to many more pictures of it!
I'm sorry Mommy to hear about the poopy incident!! That's only happened to me once, but praise God, we were at home... and she was 6 days old.... we HAD to give her a bath and her little belly button hadn't even fallen off yet. We had to cut her onesie off of her... it was up to her shoulders!!! Y-U-C-K!!!!
Post a Comment